Welcome to Mane Street Auctions! Whether you are new to online auctions or a seasoned auction bidder, we want to make your experience as pleasant and seamless as possible. To view the horses available in the current auction as a guest or a buyer, click on the “Live Auction” tab at the top right of the website.
Once inside the auction, you can see all of the available horses. To find out more information about a certain horse, click on their picture. You will then be directed to a page with that specific horse’s information, pictures, videos and documents. You will also find the Seller’s contact information. If you are interested in a specific horse, we encourage you to contact the Seller to request more information on that horse and/or set up a time to see/try/vet the horse.
You must register to bid before you start bidding. Bids are placed on the Mane Street Auctions’ online auction platform only.
The current, highest bid for each horse is reflected in real-time on the auction platform. Once you register, you will be given a paddle number and you are responsible for any bids placed under that paddle number. Bids are set in increments of $500 and the minimum starting bid is $1,000 although some sellers may set their starting bid higher.
Bidders may elect to use the Maximum Bid feature. The Maximum Bid feature automatically increases a bidder’s bid in $500 increments when a competing bidder raises the bid price. During the registration process, a bidder may activate the Maximum Bid feature and set the maximum amount that he would like to bid automatically. Once that maximum is reached, bidder still has the option to place additional bids manually.
Sellers may set a “Reserve Price”. This is the minimum price that a seller will accept for a horse. If a Reserve Price is set and the most recent bid has not met that price, bidders will see the message “Reserve Not Met”.
For more details on bidding – consult the Buyer’s Step-by-Step guide:
Pre-Sale Evaluation of a Horse
We provide the Seller’s information and encourage all buyers to request a Pre- Sale Evaluation and/or a PPE from the Seller’s veterinarian.
The Seller of a horse included in an auction warrant that the information they provide is accurate. In addition to the information made available by the Seller, potential buyers/bidders may choose to examine a horse prior to the end of the auction period and/or have a veterinarian perform the examination. Potential buyer and the Seller must
coordinate the examination or evaluation. A potential buyer placing a bid during an auction agrees that he/she has examined or researched the horse to their satisfaction.
Please note: No examinations of horses are permitted once the bidding period has ended.
Click on the button below for the Pre-Sale Evaluation form:
Congratulations on the purchase of your new horse! After the auction closes, you will receive an email from Mane Street Market Auctions with the Seller’s contact information.
PAYMENT BY BUYER
- Once the bidding is closed, a five hundred dollar ($500) deposit will be charged to Buyer’s credit card on file. The deposit may be applied to the purchase price of the horse or Buyer may elect to make payment using a different method. Should Buyer choose a different method other than the original credit card on file, the deposit will be refunded once the entire purchase price of the horse has been paid.
- An invoice will be emailed to the Buyer after bidding closes. Payment in full must be made to/ received by Mane Street Auctions within 48 hours of close of auction for that specific horse.
- Payment must be made to Mane Street Auctions, LLC for all sales. Buyer does not pay Seller directly.
- Payment may be made in the form of MasterCard, Visa or American Express credit cards. A 3% processing fee will be added to credit card charges. • Payment can also be made by bank wire – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for bank wiring instructions.
- If the Buyer fails to complete payment within 48 hours after the bidding has closed, the $500 will not be refunded.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL
If you would like additional information or you have any questions, please contact email@example.com